G ot savings? Research shows that people with a savings plan in place save about TWICE as much as those with no plan. Our site can help you develop a plan!
Saver or Spender? Although many believe that low- and moderate-income families cannot afford to save and build wealth, research shows that there are ‘savers’ and ‘spenders’ in all income levels.
Avoid self-defeating attitudes like: I’ve always lived paycheck to paycheck, my family was poor so I will be poor, and I’m not good with math. This type of attitude encourages hopelessness.
During America Saves Week, individuals are encouraged and assisted to assess their savings progress and take action to advance this progress. This encouragement and assistance will be provided by Springboard, among other organizations, with an interest in improving the financial security of individuals and families.
Need additional assistance? Contact our education department manager for more information on our courses and materials, or contact us directly for more information on how we can help you.
Articles to help you get started
- When it comes to saving, starting early is critical
- Find extra money in your budget for savings
- Saving for retirement is about a lot more than just money
- Build your savings by keeping the change
- Where do you put your savings?
Tools to make it easier to save
- Try the Personal Wealth Estimator on AmericaSaves.org
- BillShrink.com helps you save money on gas and wireless.
- Ballpark E$timate helps determine your retirement goals.
- Take our free Budgeting 101 personal finance course
- Try our emergency fund calculator, saving for a goal calculator or our retirement fund calculator
Videos to get you motivated to save