For 40 years, we’ve been presenting financial literacy education to our clients and to the community free of charge. Our budgeting classes and other personal finance education offerings are available everywhere via the internet.
We regularly add new courses and revise old ones on our online FIT Academy (Financial Instructional Training). These courses are available 24/7 and there is no need to register.
You can opt to receive a Document of Achievement by completing pre- and post-quizzes and providing your name and email, but this is not necessary to take advantage of the free courses.
Three of our free online courses deal directly with budgeting:
- Power of Paycheck Planning– our most popular course helps you create a plan for your paycheck before you spend it. This course offers info on tracking spending to create a truly effective new budget.
- Budgeting 101– a quick starting point for those new to the process. This basics course helps you learn where to start, how to organize your spending, and prioritizing all of the items on your new budget.
- Budget 911– a course designed to help those who are facing a budget emergency. How can you weather a financial crisis and live a more wallet-friendly lifestyle? Check out this course for help.
Several of our courses cover credit and debt related issues:
- Understanding Your Credit Report: This course helps you understand what’s in your credit report, how it gets there, and what it says about you. It also tells you how credit scores are calculated and what you can do to make sure your credit report is accurate and up to date.
- Wise Use Of Credit: A great course for those who are new to credit and need to establish a credit history, or those who are rebuilding their credit and need to re-establish positive credit.
- Roadmap to Financial Freedom: This course helps you understand the process of repaying your credit card debts through a DMP (Debt Management Plan) from credit.org.
- Identity Theft Prevention: How to protect your identity and recover from this crime if your ID is compromised.
- Preventing Foreclosure: Keep your home safe from foreclosure, know your options, and take action early as soon as your mortgage becomes delinquent.