Financial education and counseling for service members
Military Saves encourages the military community to meet immediate needs and build long-term wealth through saving and debt reduction. By joining the campaign, you’ll be a part of a global movement dedicated to personal financial stability. Financial stability is about a lot more than knowledge – it takes consistent action over time. Military Saves is a campaign to make every military community a supportive environment to assist in that.
What is Military Saves?
- Military Saves is a national campaign to persuade, motivate, and encourage military families to save money every month, and to convince leaders and organizations to be aggressive in promoting automatic savings.
- Military Saves Fact Sheet
Articles to Get You Started:
- When it comes to saving, starting early is critical
- Find extra money in your budget for savings
- Saving for retirement is about a lot more than just money
- Build your savings by keeping the change
- Where do you put your savings?
- View all of our articles on the Credit.org Blog
Tools That Help You Save:
- Try the Personal Wealth Estimator on AmericaSaves.org
- BillShrink.com helps you save money on gas and wireless.
- Ballpark E$timate helps determine your retirement goals.
- Take our free Budgeting 101 personal finance course
- Try our emergency fund calculator, saving for a goal calculator or our retirement fund calculator
Congratulations (l to r) to credit.org’s Stephanie Ooley, Assistance Financial Counseling Manager; April Landry, Senior Financial and Community Outreach Counselor; and Lori Lamb, Credit Education Supervisor (not pictured) on their successful training and awarding of their USA Cares Military Counseling Certificates.